Robotics Jobs in Medical Device – How do you know what search firms are “dialed in?” 5 Questions you should Ask:
There are only a handful of retained search firms that are leaders in surgical & medical robotics recruiting. We are putting together a list and will distribute in mid-May, 2017, but in the meantime…
5 Questions You should ask before sending your resume:
- Have you met in person with the executive management? When did you speak to the company last? If they have only spoken with HR, but not the hiring manager, I’d dig a little deeper. There are some talented HR people in medtech firms, but in most cases, having a relationship with the hiring manager is critical).
- Can you explain the technology to me?
- How many people have you placed in this company? Other Robotics companies?
- How long have you been recruiting in medical device?
- (most important) Is this a retained or exclusive search?
The barriers to entry are so low in the recruiting industry that anyone with an internet connection could claim to be an executive search executive. But it’s YOUR career, so you want to make sure that whoever you’re speaking to is not just on a “fishing expedition” to build their database or worse, send your resume into a dark hole expecting a fee they have not earned.
Fortunately, there are about a dozen or so amazing medtech focused executive search firms with high integrity, true industry knowledge, and the contacts to get you to the people that can ignite your career.
In the comment field below, feel free to add the names of other search firms you’d recommend. Our firm (Info@LegacyMedSearch.com) should be on your list, but we sure to check out:
We see the representatives from the companies listed above (and I’m sure there’s more, so please add) who, like us, spend significant resources and dollars to fly their team to conferences.
Find a good recruiter or two to partner with (even if it’s not us), but make sure you’re entrusting your career to someone who has the deep knowledge to grow with you.
Visit our Resource Library for more Interviewing Tips, Resume Building Assistance, and Job Hunting Advice.
Follow us on Social Media to receive daily Career-Building Tips like this!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter to stay informed on Today’s Workplace Trends.